How? Members donate $100 each ($50 each for teams of 2 or $25 each for teams of 4) to a local nonprofit chosen by a ballot vote. 100+ members donating $100 provides $10,000 to a nonprofit in our county.
1. Women first become members by completing the membership form. Members can be a TEAM of 1 person, 2 people or 4 people. Each TEAM contributes $100 at each quarterly meeting for a total of $400 annually. (Greater amounts are accepted.) Each TEAM is allowed 1 vote. The more TEAMS we have the more impact we can make to local organizations.
2. Members pay by CHECK to the awarded organization at the meetings. If you are not able to attend the meeting, you may either send your check in with another member or mail it in within 7 days of the meeting to 100 Women Who Care Manitowoc County, 2532 Stoney Brook Court. Manitowoc, WI. 54220. TEAMS should plan to submit checks totaling $100. Your canceled check is your record for tax purposes.
3. For those unable to attend it is still expected that you will contribute $100 to the awarded nonprofit. You can do it two ways:
a. PROXY – You may vote by proxy by giving your check to another member to bring to the meeting and they will receive an extra ballot to cast a vote for you in your absence. After the vote they will fill in who your check should be paid to.
b. MAIL IN – If you cannot attend the meeting and do not vote by proxy you can send in your check to (insert address ) The awarded nonprofit will be announced on this website and on the Facebook page. Checks should be made out to the awarded organization. Checks should NOT be sent directly to the organization – we want to make sure you get credit for donating through 100+Women!
4. All donations will be awarded to qualifying nonprofits serving Manitowoc County. National nonprofits do not qualify however local branches are eligible for consideration. 100% of our awards will stay in Manitowoc County. Political and directly religious organizations are also not eligible, however an exception to this would be a church run food pantry benefiting the whole community.
5. AT THE MEETING:
a. Each MEMBER must register their attendance. Each TEAM will receive instructions on how to place their vote.
b. Did you nominate a non-profit? You must also confirm your attendance (or have a representative member) and make sure your nonprofit is placed “in the hat” for the draw for consideration of the award.
c. Shortly after the meeting is convened the names of THREE NON-PROFITS will be drawn “out of a hat”. The member who nominated each organization will then be asked to give an informal 5 minute presentation about the mission of their nonprofit and why it is deserving of the award. (No handouts or PowerPoint presentations.) A five-minute Q&A session will follow.
d. After representatives from each of the 3 organizations have presented an anonymous ballot is held and the nonprofit with the most votes will be the recipient of the award.
e. A social will follow the meeting. Members are encouraged to attend.
6. The nonprofit receiving the award will be invited back to a future meeting to share with members the impact their donations have made.
7. The nonprofit receiving the award is eligible to again be drawn from the hat after 8 meetings.
8. NOTE: Donations made directly to the selected nonprofit do not count towards the member’s commitment – only contributions submitted for the quarterly meetings count.